Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Poem that is Best Read With Eyes Closed.

As I sit here so tired tonight,
and thinking of a blog to write.
My eyes are red and my body spent,
I don't know where my mind just went.
Things are great, the night is young,
in four more hours I will see the sun.
I have no thoughts just jumbled jargon,
So if I confuse, you'll have to pardon.
For it is quite late, and I am tired,
Yet my insomniac brain, is all wired.
It seems to wake up at this time each night,
blending on high, once I turn off the light.
It thinks of this, it dwells on that,
It remembers a face, it replays a chat.
My thoughts get in fights, sometimes a rout,
Some thoughts go in, and they never come out.
I think on some dreams, I think on some fears,
I remember some thoughts that come with some tears.
Some thoughts are grand, and others are lost,
But at this hour, most seem to get crossed.
Meaning some get crazy, yet others stay chill,
If thoughts were a liquid, an ocean I'd fill.
Wave upon wave, thoughts enter my brain,
and it is a blog, that can act as a drain.
So forgive me each night, if I start to bore,
fileing these thoughts, has been quite a chore.
If thinking were a test, I would get an A-plus,
the fact that it's not, keeps me on the short bus.
For when it gets late, my mind can go bonkers,
As far as I see here, I can only use yonkers.
It is now three hours until I see the sun,
my brain says its just starting to have fun.
This is what I deal with, each and every night,
Though I've tried to stop it with all my might.
I'm weak when it comes, to controling my head,
I know the simple cure is to just go to my bed.
Yet sitting and writting, seems to win each time,
as does ending each line with a dumb little rhyme.
It is getting so late, and why don't I stop?
It's my brains fault, whould ya lake to swap?
I'll take your silence, as a polite decline,
and try hard to stop, these thoughts of mine.
Because I know you think, this will never end,
I should let you know now, I've yet to begin.
So grab a blanket, and close your eyes,
put up your feet, and just relax you guys.
For I am about write, what i think will be,
the shortest peom, you will ever read.
It came from a thought, I had tonight,
Just minutes before, the morning light.
I have been thinking for the past few days,
just how to word it, the most perfect of ways.
And then tonight, in what seemed like a year,
my mind grew strong, and my thoughts so clear.
I wanted to share, the shortest of qips,
a little phrase, to be said by some lips.
So prepare yourself, prepare your minds,
for this may be, the the best you find.
Long borging poems, can be quite a drag,
but a quite little saying, has has no lag.
So I leave you with this, one last rhyme,
please don't be mad,

Until next time.

No comments: