Monday, October 03, 2005

Working Out or Pigging Out?

First, I need to apologize, mainly to myself, (because I fear I am the only one that has missed my blogs)for my lack of posts over the past few months. My excuse: Fall is in the air, Football is in full swing, Baseball playoffs are starting, Basketball is three weeks away, and Kohl's Big Two Day sale is this weekend. This all means that there is no better time to start back up writing blogs. I have taken the Kohl's approach lately and have started up writing blogs again about as often as they have a Huge Two Day Sale(once or twice a month). In all honesty, I have been busy over this three month period where blogs were few and far between. The main reason is I have started a vigorous workout. One that involves more then treading water and holding a beer above water while tubing down the river. Nope, this is a full fledge work out, dumbbells and all. Although that is a funny name for a workout devise, I cannot think of one thing to say that would explain why they are named that, other then they were obviously named after an Aggie. Anyways, I am so into this working out that I have even broke down and joined the Supplement Club.(The First Rule of Supplement Club is to not talk about Supplement Club. The Second Rule of Supplement Club is find a way to talk about it without really talking about it.) So I can't tell you which ones I inject into my blood, but I can tell you about the decision making process that led to getting them. I went to a Nutritional Store(always a good first step), and asked the guy working, "What do I need to do to grow as big a Mark McGuire, when he hit all those home runs?" He told me that everything to get that big is now illegal, but I could buy everything he says and be almost as big as Mark. So I thought for a second and asked, "How do I get as big as Kristie Alley?" And he said to eat everything in sight. And that is when I had to decide.... Did I want to be almost as big as Mark McGuire and take supplements, vitamins, meal replacements, fish oils, muscle enhancers and cucumber shakes, giving the guy at the Nutritional Store a healthy commission; or I could use all that money and eat at CiCi's Pizza every meal and get as big as Kristie Alley. Don't get me wrong it was not that hard of a decision, but I do love that Pizza from CiCi's and I love to pig out. Eating is fun, it always makes me feel good, it tastes good, smells good, looks good, and even sounds good cooking. So why not devote my life to eating everything I can get my hands on? Well, back to the main question. Should I work out or pig out? And I chose work out. And that is exactly what I have been doing. Not to brag or anything but I could probably dead lift Kristie Alley and not even need a spotter. However, it was this decision to start working out that has invaded on my Blogging hobby. OK, this is not a promise, but a very strong suggestion; "I will be blogging more in the future." I will try and keep you informed on when I am big enouph to play in the Major Leagues illegally and then lie about it. Hopefully it will be in the near future, because CiCi's is always just a short drive away. So, from now on remember, when you see someone that is having trouble getting out of their chair and are grabbing their stomach in pain, ask yourself, "Are they recovering from a work out or a pig out?" Until next time.

No comments: