Tuesday, January 24, 2006

1mp0rtant Num6ers in My 1ife.

Sitting here thinking about what ridiculous thing I was going to share with the 4 of you that will read this on Wed the 25th of 2006, I realized that numbers play an important part in each of our lives. I began to think about numbers that have been showing up on TV and the movies over the past few years. Hollywood has given us 7, The 6th Sense, 21 Grahams, 28 Days Later, 3 Amigos and Shreck 2. Television as made famous 24, 2 and 1/2 Men, and the Lost numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42. Thinking about this led me to begin thinking about numbers in my own life. I spent well over 5 minutes and I came up with in numeric order from largest to smallest, numbers that have been of importance to my life over the past near 28 years. Lets start with a really big number.

2,456,111 - I am not the first person who was born in San Antonio Texas, this many people were born before I was. I was however born with the 17th largest head.
980-2498 - Phone number of my first girl friend. Hahaha Of course I don't remember that :(
1,000,000 - How many black men in suits happened to visit the White House at the same time I happened to be visiting for the first time.
823,555 - What I thought my dad made a year as a boy, after he brought home a Snoopy Snow Cone Maker.
350,000 - Customers I have greeted with, "Hi, How are you today?" and finished with "Have a good day!" as of Jan 20th, 2006. As of today it is 350,341.
123,456 - Always one of my favorite numbers to write.
120,678 - People I know in my dreams.
92,525 - People that witnessed live the Texas Longhorns win the National Championship in Pasadena California in the Rose Bowl. I was number 92,526!
55,000 - Number of miles I have driven on Spring break trips. Over 30 states conquered, over 120 shot glassed collected, and at least 4 nights forgotten. I think I can't remember.
23,417 - Total times I yelled at told to come in for dinner from the time I was 6 until I was 14. Divided out that comes to roughly an average of eight times a night.
10,104 - Total days I have been alive birth.
7,566 - Nights in my life that I have gotten what doctors say is inadequate sleep.
2,449 - Movies I have watched, a combination of movies I have seen at the theater (1,101), movies I have seen on DVD(789), movies I have seen on TV(540), movies I have seen at school(16), and movies I have complete dreamed up during daydreams(3).
1,000 - What I feel I would be more then happy with making and hour.
786 - Number of people who attened my University(of Letourneau). 784 as Engineering Majors and 2 as Sports Management Majors. I was 1 of the 2.
687 - Grey hairs I had before I graduated from high school. My friend Leigh picked 469 of them out. Leaving me with 212 while walking the isle. For the record I now only have 687 dark hairs on my head.
230 - DVD's I own. Yes if you multiply it out I could have a down payment for a house if I had not bought all these.
179 - Points I scored in high school in 4 seasons of playing 22 games a season. I'd prefer if you would not do the math to see what that comes to a game.
99 - Bottles of beer on the wall. We used to call the fridge "the wall."
97 - Blog entries I have made.
76 - Times I have watched Dumb and Dumber. (Insert your own joke here)
69 - Ummmm... Oh yeah, Number of different cereals I have tried.
44 - The number I wore proudly while on the bench during my basketball career.
30 - Books I have read from cover to cover. 679 if you count just starting a book.
24 - Hours I took my last semester of college. Strangely enough I had my highest GPA this semester. Ok enough bragging.
21 - The age at which I had my first alcoholic beverage. Ok enough lying.
14 - Number of girls that said no to me at our high school prom. Of course I only asked one and the 14 others I never really asked.
8 - Number of nephews and nieces I have. All of which are joys of my life. But also are the best source of birth control.
5 - Records I have set in my life. Non of which I can prove.
3 - Times I have cried that I will admit.
2 - My favorite number. For a reason I will not admit.
1 - Times I have been speechless. HAHAH I mean just in writing.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 - age my youngest turned on the 25th day of the 1st month of 2006. Man, I'm getting old. Nice token UT reference. And "whoo hooo" is so in. :)

-mw