Thursday, February 16, 2006

Every Thing is Back to Unnormal

Well, all of us single people made it through that tough stretch called Valentines, and I heard there was an all time low in suicides this year. Just 6 million world wide. That is uplifting. I do hope all couples had a lovely night on the 14th though. I was treated to dinner by my parents at their house, where my mom made heart shaped pancakes that I enjoyed with strawberry syrup, drowning the short stack of lovecakes, as I carved up each one with a steak knife just for effect. It was nice. We all shared a nice heart shaped chocolate cake with ice cream filling too, and I was able to pick up some mail that got delivered there. So it worked out just fine, thanks for wondering. No seriously, I did go out later that night, on what we called a "singles celebration" because "Four Dorks" was being used by some Chess Club lock-in that night. Anyways, four of us traveled downtown to the River Walk to eat at Landry's Seafood, to acknowledge the fact that we may be doing this every year for the rest of our lives. It was strange being out on Valentines night though, looked like a Three-legged-race convention was going on with people being in pairs. The strangest thing was, that every table in the whole restaurant was set up to handle only two people. So the wait for a table of four was twice as long because we had to waist for two adjacent tables to open up so we could push them together. Another strange thing I noticed was that almost every couple there, was having a terrible time. Most of them sat there not saying a word and fiddling around with a napkin or something. It was weird to see. We on the other hand were having a grand old time, mainly because we were only buying dinner for one, and the other reason is because we must have had 25 drinks and had managed to start a food fight with the cooks. But seriously, everyone else in the restaurant seemed to be just going through the motions of a Valentines date, all of them seeming to be impatiently waiting for dinner to be over so they could get home. Ahhhhh... maybe that is it! they were waiting on getting home to... and I was just starting to feel better about not going on a date on V-day. Anyways, everything is back to unnormal now. I am still writing blogs past reasonable hours, I still can still come up with a new way to great people that come into my work even though I have already come up with roughly 5,000 ways, I am still on page 79 of the book I started last year and I still have not made the "25 Most Eligible Batcholers in San Antonio" list that the Express News puts out every February. I am however an Honorary Mention in this years San Antonio X-box Awards in the category of Most Improved at Halo, thanks for wondering. Speaking of unnormal, I know a large portion(all 6) of my readers live in San Antonio, so I would think that having a mid-February day get into the mid 80's is completely unnormal. So is talking about the weather in a blog. Until next time.

p.s. - Whoever Ted is, this is not some Brokeback Blog so please stop being creepy. If your a girl posing as a guy, call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Ted guy was freaking me out too. Sick.