Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Imaginations Gone Wild!

My guess was right. Only a few would respond. There was a tie at one a piece all day long until the tie was broken this evening. The winner is the lonely looking girl sitting at the end of the dock. Forgive me if I do not have my A game, for I used it up on the basketball court tonight. I made six baskets and only have three serious bruises. First time the numbers were not the other way around! Ok, I eed to let you know that all that is coming to me for some reason tonight, is rhymes. So another reason I am scared to even start this is the fact that I believe I will write a poem about this gal on the dock. Here goes.

I sit here on the dock today,
wasting my whole day away,
just continuing to remember him,
and all the faces he made back then.
I know now that I should be strong,
but I keep seeing him in every song,
I just can not seem to shake,
these feelings that I seem to make.
I guess I know it just can't be,
my teary eyes can no longer see.
So I sit here were we first met,
and I carry my pain like in a net.
He Loved this dress I now wear,
he was perfect and that I swear.
We could hang out for hours on in,
Now I just sit and remember when.
He Loved my hair, he Loved my nose,
Adored my eyes, always telling me so.
I Loved his smile, his soothing voice,
he would be here now if I had a choice.
But I don't, and so now alone I sit,
deciding that Love, forever I quit.
We shared such memories on this lake.
The pain I feel I no longer can take.
So now I sit here just twirling my feet,
ignoring all others that I could meet.
I've tried to distract by staying home,
but my mind is here and here alone.
I'll miss our talks, and our swims,
I'll miss my walks to get to him.
I don't see why it had to be this way,
and why my heart has to hurt all day.
Awhile it's been, the hurts still here,
Unless I move one, it's going nowhere.
But moving on is not what I dream,
I want him back now, here with me.
So, I guess I will sit and remember when,
the time he took me on our first swim.
But now he is gone and no fun can be had,
I would be happy, if I weren't always sad.
I don't know why he was taken from me,
and put on display for the world to see.
He was different, our love was not blind,
He just happened to be a one of a kind.
He swam with a fin, and held me with arms,
A photo by neighbors, is what set off alarm.
The next day all the papers, simultaneously ran,
the same headline reading, "Girl Dates a Mer-man."
I never saw him again after that day,
I need to move on but I sit here today.
Everyone says, "We've been through it too."
But no one knows the hell I've been through,
I feel all alone, wallowing through this pain,
It has been some time, but the sadness remain.
I guess I'll move on, and the pain I will hide,
Though I know it will be one quite rocky ride.
I know if I do not get over, my Mer-man crush.
I'll forever forget how easy a heart can mush.
I know I will find someone new some day,
I don't need this story to get in the way!
So this will be my last visit to the lake,
Leaving behind my memories of Mer-man Jake.
Now, I will move on and enjoy the summer,
I wonder if Big Foot is free for a dinner?

Until next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

clever story...

doesn't she look like Missy Burns?

Anonymous said...

i can totally relate to that girl. mermans can be such asses sometimes.

Anonymous said...

yeah man, write a poem about the skydiver.