Friday, December 02, 2005

What was I saying?

Have you ever been lost in your thought? Have you spaced out and had some one push your jaw closed? Have you been so spaced out that when you come too, you do not even know where you are? If you answered "yes" to all three of these questions and they happen at least twice everyday then we have more in common then you may think. It might not be cool to admit your a daydreamer(the polite name for spacey), but I just realized that I have a pretty severe case of .... I forget what I was talking about. Oh yeah, day dreaming. I am not embarrassed to admit that I think I have mastered the art of dreaming while walking, driving, working and yes even sleeping. If I could stop spacing out I bet I could write a book on it. In fact, it is partly why it takes me 6 hours and 12 spell-checks to write one blog. To tell you the truth, I think I might be spacing out right now. I am hearing a song that has a slight Jamacian hum to it~~ BAM!~! I am walking up the beach in tattered khaki pants, no shoes and a really faded sleeveless Rolling Stones concert t-shirt. My skin is turning red from the sun beating down on my sun-screenless body. I am walking from no place in particular, and heading in no discernible direction. But I keep walking because there is a faint sound of steel drums. I walk past an armless kid building a sand castle? (obviously my daydream is disrupted by something and I was unable to fully think every object into it's entirety) Ok, I am walking a bit faster now, due to the temperature of the sand, but I keep my focus on the familiar beat in the distance. I pass two beautiful women tanning their glorious bodies in the sun, topless. (obviously my daydreaming skills are top notch, but for the adults only) Nothing can stop me for long from finding the source of this beat that has now filled my head. After using the ladies blanket to stand on to give me medium-well feet a rest, and of course getting a number that strangely started with 555, I moved on toward the melody. Picking up my pace now to slightly over a jog but not quite a run I realize the beat no longer has the beautiful ring of Jamaican but is now the lovely sound of piano keys and there is a voice coming in to ear shot. I can barely make out the words, something about a tiny dancer I think I hear. And strangely enouph I am not on a beach any more in tattered cloths, but I am in a dress shirt and slacks and I am now with one of the topless girls, nope .... both of them. They are dressed in lovely cocktail dresses and we are making our way to a building. It is a large building, resembling a theater, it is a theater I realize as we get closer. We are all arm in arm and are walking at a hurried pace, and are now singing along to a song we can't hear the lyrics too. I keep hearing the words "tiny dancer" though. We now find ourselves trying to fight through a crowd of people as best we can, trying desparately to make our way to this mysterious building and the piano music rolling out of it. Bumping into people left and right, forcing our way through, I begin to notice everyone noticing me, nope... noticing the two ladies I am with.(obviously this must be why I am always in day dreams) That is when I notice that they are not in cocktail dresses any longer, but they are not back in their beach outfit either(darn it), they are in jeans and fun tops and looking great, and I am now in jeans and a trendy shirt(real life carries over to dream world because it happens to be the same trendy shirt as the only one I own) and the crowd we were fighting through is replaced by a short line to enter a smaller brick building with windows around it. A new livelier music is pouring out of this door which only 6 people separate us and the entrance. The sound is no longer piano tunes but the wonderful sounds of electric guitars and loud singing. The words are much more audible now. "Tommy used to work on the docks...." flows out of the door and as the words hit me my skin tingles. I have made such a long intresting adventure. I have found two beautiful friends on this journey. And my journey seems to be nearing its climax. After showing our credentials to the enormous guy at the door we are let into this shrine of music. The room is smoky, there are people everywhere holding beers the size of footballs, t.v.s fill the walls, sticky wood floors fills the floors(nice imagery). We make our way to the bar as "Gina works the diner all day working for her man, she brings home her pay For love - for love" words are uttered by the speakers. I ask the bartender "Where we have arrived at?" then I told her how my feet still hurt from the hot sand, and I was answered, "Logan's Welcome home!" That is when an emotion overfilled my body that seemed familiar but none-the-less wonderful and I grabbed the two beautiful princesses leading them to the center of the dance floor where we shouted in unison with the speakers, with the masses, with the world, the words that I relised I had been chasing this whole time. At the top of our lungs with our hands held up as high as they could extend ......
She says we’ve got to hold on to what we’ve got
’cause it doesn’t make a difference
If we make it or not
We’ve got each other and that’s a lot
For love - we’ll give it a shot
Whooah, we’re half way there
Livin’ on a prayer
Take my hand and we’ll make it - I swear
Livin’ on a prayer
We sweat, we danced, we yelled, we danced more and we sweat more, all while belting out these words like our lives depended on it. We sang another verse and then i believe we got even louder as we got to the "Whooah, we’re half way there
Livin’ on a prayer" part. What an unbelievable feeling we all had. Nothing could top it. We closed our eyes and shouted out one last time the final few words. To my surprise when I opened my eyes, I was no longer sweaty, I was no longer dancing, I was no longer arm in arm with the two gorgeous chicks, I was no longer in a bar, or a crowded street, or a beach. I was in a opera house, wearing a tux and the two beauties I was with are no were to be found. In fact everybody in the room has heads heads shaped like baloons and they begine to float to the ceiling. The music is jarbled, the sound is awful... my hand is turning to sand and falling from my body into a pile on the red carpet floor. I am returning to the bea......

Nope. I'm coming out of my daydream. Ok, Im' back and I just realise that I wrote that whole story while under the fixation of a mind dream. The problem was I was listening to my ipod on random at the same time, and it started with a Bob Marley song, and there was Elton John and Bon Jovi. Crazy. Well, I hope you all have lovely daydreams today. I know I will. So long from me and the girls. Until next time.

No comments: