Monday, December 19, 2005

Reliving High School.

Did you have a great time in High School? Do any of you ever like to take trip down memory lane? I had a great time in High School, but I don't' tend to go down memory lane much because I get easily lost. But there are certain things for all of us, I am sure, that make it easy to relive the glory days. For some it might be a box of old letters that you received from your first love. For others it might be a trapper notebook that you keep old poems you wrote and homework assignments in. For even others it might be old VHS cassette with clips of sporting events you played in. For me it was all of these things. And for all of us it is old yearbooks that will be used one day as comic books by our children.
Anyways, tonight we watched an old classic on VHS, entitled The Phoenix Team: Out of the Ashes. It was a tape my JV basketball coach made to stroke his own ego. It told the tale of our team going 2-17 our freshman year, and how we rose out of the ashes for our new coach and improved to 21-7 the next year. It is great fun to watch, seeing yourself in basketball hightlights. I remember thinking I was a badass back then. And seeing the tape I realized that I was just a skinny kid with a big head(literally). So to get on with my blog, seeing this video made my mind wander off to some of my other great highschool memories. And one teacher popped into my head. My English teacher, Mrs. Donello. She would have a contest each month were we were to write a story about a picture that she would have on the wall. And it was a contest to see who could come up with the most creative story for the story. Anyways not to brag but I won it quite a few times. Mainly because I was the only one that turned anything in each month, but still I wore those ribbons proudly on my letter jacket. Anyways I thought that in memory of this event, I would write a blog about a picture. But I will need to have my vast reading base choose the picture I write about. You can vote for one of the following or do nothing. I imagine that the winning picture will be the one that gets one vote but I am just trying to include my constituents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be silly there are no readers.

Joel said...

The girl on the dock. I currently have a fear of parachutes, for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Well I am not as pumped up as Vetter, but Borris you knew what I would vote for. The crazy ass dude jumping over the water, you know that is us. Those even look like the shoes you always wear. I can't believe slime voted for that sissy lonely woman, she is looking for her long lost love at the bottom of the lake. Get a scuba mask on slime and she is yours. haha jk slime.