Friday, February 18, 2005

Scions, Spurs, Rednecks, Eulogies

I have a few things to talk about tonight, so lets jump right in it. I am 99.12% sure of the car I want to purchase. It is the Scion tC. Cool name huh. Remind you of the great Terry Cummings, maybe not. To see if picture of the cT, click this sentence. Nice huh? I am debating between grey and white for the color though. I am a fan of the two door sports car because, if there is a group of people wanting to carpool somewhere, they will not look to me. Saying that, the back seat is large enouph to hold Oprah Winfrey, her life long toy Stedman and their kids. The back seat does lay back as well, which will come in handy when... lets just say it will be handy. I test drove it tonight and it drives quite nice. I scared the sales man by entering the highway and driving the wrong way for a couple of miles dodging cars and semi-trucks, you know, to see how it handles under pressure. Well, I'm happy to tell you that it performed great and it has a excellent seat protectant as well! A peculiar feature about it is that it has a sun roof for the driver and shotgun, but the people reclining in the back seat get a moon roof of their own. This feature makes the entire top of the car glass (you have to see it). Well I could go on and tell you all about the engine and the warranties, but I know nothing about either of those. It does smell nice though. By the way click here for the real pics of the car.

Go. Spurs. Go. It is midway through the NBA season and my San Antonio Spurs are in sole position of FIRST PLACE in the league. This is a first time for as long as I can remember. This means we have a big weekend this weekend. Not just, this weekend, but All Star Weekend. Beno Udrih is in the Rookie Game on Friday night, Manu Ginobili and Timmy Duncan are in the All Star Game on Sunday, and Pop is the coach of the West squad. Every All Star games in the past has been run-n-gun, with high scoring, but with VanGundy and Pop as the coaches I think the score will be just 110-145 with the West winning. Go. Spurs. Go.

Well, I think a few Guinness Book records get broken this weekend. And two of my friends get to witness them. It will be the largest gathering of rednecks, and the largest amount of empty Keystone Lite cans in one place. DAYTONA 500 is this weekend. Doc and Jeff will be right there to show off there full set of teeth to everyone there. I saw what Doc packed and knew he would be right at home, two wife beater t-shirts, cutoff jeans and no shoes, all in a Wal-mart bag. If anyone was confused at what a redneck looked like, I found one here! And of course I am kidding, Doc really packed in a Styrofoam cooler.

Your movie update for today is EULOGY. It is a funny movie, not on the level of Dumb and Dumber or Steel Magnolias, but it is funny. It is a bit harsh with the language, so kids under 6 shouldn't watch. It has Ray Romano, Hank Azaria, Kelly Preston and Rip Torn. Go rent it then thank God that your family is normal compared to theirs. Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious borris. especially "doug" packing 2 beaters in a wal mart bag. H