Tuesday, February 15, 2005

TRAVEL IDEA 2 - 59

I feel like typing a lot tonight, so I will just dive right into my next 57 travel ideas, give or take a few dozen. Traveling in South America sounds great with the beauty of the whole land, and how diverse it is really excites me, but I have to weigh the idea against the idea of traveling to different continent. Europe. I have never been to Europe except for a lay over on a flight to Africa, so I would love to go back. Over the past 4 years or so I drool over my annual brochures from Contiki Tours and I tell my self that this is the year that I finally go on one. And each year I never do it. I have done fun things instead of this, but the fact is I still have not gone on one. I feel that getting bussed around Europe on a stinky buss with 30+ strangers from up to 12 different countries and sleeping in hostels that have three twin beds and sleep eight, sounds like a great way to spend a month of vacation. It really does. It is a way to see the most for your buck. The rash I would have, and the debt I would been in when I get back also seem like they would be just mild side effects, to the experience. I am leaning toward doing the European Vista trip but all of them seem fun.I need to decide which type of tour I want to go on. The superior seems like it is to pampered, the camping one seems a little to tribal, and the budget one seems a little chinchy. But this is just an idea for a trip, besides I have made it this far in preparations each of the last four years. So we will see.

In other news, I watched Dogville the other night. It is a powerful movie. I am part of a movie club that meets twice a month to talk about movies, and this was our featured film this past Sunday. To tell you the truth, I learn more about what a movie is about when I go to film club then I do when I actually watch it. But I am starting to be more insightful, i guess. I tend to just get lost in the story when I watch a movie, like a dumb fat kid eating pop-corn watching Willy Wanka, so I tend to miss the points that lie under the superficial part of the movie which is all the lights and sounds. Anyways, this is truly a thought provoking movie which has it's big fans and harsh critics. I recommend watching it and deciding for yourself but don't just watch the pretty colors, watch for the undertones of political and theological meaning. Then tell me what you thought.

If this post seemed less funny then the last few, it is because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. See... Until next time.

No comments: