Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"Club Scion" and Moodlights.

Hi, good morning to all that read this to wake up, and goodnight to all that read this to put yourselves to sleep. Let me tell you right off the bat, I am so happy to be part of an important, exclusive, prestigious club. NO, not the Mickey Mouse Club or the Bored Billionaire's Club, but something right in the middle, a perfect average: "The Scion Club." Well, I am missleading a bit, I do not offically become a full benifets member untill I finish "just 60 easy payments of $293.45." But is it not exciting. I have a new car. NEW, not handed down. NEW, not unnew. NEW, you get the point. It has a smell to it that I wish I could bottle and wear during an interview or a first date, whatever that is. It has just 178 miles on it as I speak. Not 178,234,001 like my last car. It is not just that the whole car is in one peice and all the paint matches that I like, though those are nice to have for once, it is the small things. Like having wiper blades that acctually move water off the window and not just gather it in a huge puddle at the drivers eye level, like I am used too. It has a cup holder witch should help cut me spilling Big Red all over the floor from 3 times a day to just one time a decade. It has 17" alloy rims, instead of plastic wheel covers that pop off when you hit a curb at 30 mph. These just get huge dents which ruin the whole car, wait this makes me nervous. Speaking of nervous, I used to be nervous every time I took a turn greater then 17 degrees, because I felt I was about to lose control of my car. My new car can not only turn 90 degrees sharp at 60 MPH but it can do it on a sheet of ice. That is that this little red guy with horns that sits on my shoulder told me anyways. Did you know that this car, this Scion, this Scion tC has a huge babe magnet that sits in the trunk as well. It is either that or a spare tire. I havent read the manual yet. It does have a CD player that plays so loud that you can hear the music over the road noise, something I didn't know was possible before now. The cd player also displays the name of the song, the singer and the album the song is from, which is a great feature if your a dork. Lets move on. It has a cool rearview mirror that I payed extra for, that plays a recording of complements that stroke my ego, it tells me, "your cool, your smart, your not a dork for being intrested in the albumn title of that last song." I'm kidding of course. It does have mood lights however, which come in handy almost never. It has homelink(opens garage doors, turns inside lights on, chills a beer) programed into it as well wich comes in handy way more often but is less cool. Let me see... what else is way more awsome about my car then all of yours. Oh yeah, it has a sun roof and a matching moon roof in the back seat. My old car used to have a moon roof too. But, it was actually a rust hole the size of a CD with tape streatched over it, that I called a moon roof. That car did not have back seats that recline like my new Scion either. In fact, it didn't even have a back seat, just laundry, blankets, mail, and receipts shaped into a seat. All in all it is just about the best car ever invented. And I own it. Well Broadway Bank owns it and I drive it. But at least I get to use the moodlights. Untill next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO glad to hear that you are loving your new car so much! It is really nice looking and it sounds like it has way better features than my car! glad to have your blog to read to keep me from being too bored at work, well that and this 80's station that I'm listening to :) can't wait to see your car inside too!

Anonymous said...

Kevin you crack me up. Yes your new car is way better than the old Acura you've had since we met and the baby blue pimp mobile. I am so happy for you! It's an awesome car!

Anonymous said...

ah, the memories of the acura...like when it broke down at my apartment in dallas on a monday morning when you were supposed to be driving back to Letourneau for your 8am class and instead you had to drive me to work in my own car so you could go buy a new battery and attempt to put it in yourself!! and my favorite memory is when you put me and amanda's lives in complete danger when you decided to drive the whole time with your FEET! oh and not to mention all all the pizzas and wrecks you had in that thing! what a good car...