Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Free Advice. Part 1 of 1

The following are a few things I have learned over the past few days. Hopefully they will help you. They should if your a 26 year old single male with above average chest hair. If your not then think of something your mom told you when you were little and now agree with.

Lesson 1
: When buying a new car, think about your friends first. Your first thought might be to want something that you can show off to all your friends like a slick car with a nice interior, spacious leg room, a bumping system, mood lights, and coffee maker. Unfortunately this will get you in trouble, because they WILL enjoy all these features. They will enjoy them every time they needs a ride somewhere, weather it be to the mailbox or to Spain. So I come back to, when you buy a new car think of your friends first. If most of your friends have long legs get a car with no leg room. If most of your friends have ears get one with no stereo. If most of your friends like coffee get one with no coffee maker. I learned this lesson the hard way. I got one with all these options and I have already expired my warranty and I haven't even gotten my permanent license plates yet.

Lesson 2: When buying groceries, eat before you go. Now I know that you may have heard this one before from everyone from your grandma to Daffy Duck. But I hope that hearing this from me, will help it set in, because I have graying hair and I learned the hard way, as seems to be a habit. I went to H.E.B. today to pick up some lunch meat and walked out with breakfast, lunch, tea, snack, dinner, dessert, and midnight snack for the next 6 years. I walked every isle in the store and must have bought 3 things of each color of the rainbow on each shelf on each row. I started getting hungrier as I went and after 4 baskets full I left the store broke. It took me 45 minutes to unload my car and another 2 hours to put all the food away. Now it is time to eat. I started looking throughout the crammed packed cabinets, and the stuffed fridge, trying to find that perfect food to quench this now danger level hunger. And I could not find one thing that sounded good enough to eat. So I settled for a bowl of cereal that I had before I even went to the store. I just wish I had eaten before I went. well, now I guess I can go pick up all my friends in my car and bring them over for food. Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that entry cracked me up! Can you come pick me up so that I can take advantage of the coffee maker and booming stereo in your new car? I live really close to your work :)