Monday, March 14, 2005

Scuba Pictures and King Ranch

As I have thoroughly explained, I am a professional scuba diver now and demand respect. The pictures below are from my journey to Australia with my friend Jay. He was very disappointed about the whole trip because he learned that his cellular phone did not have coverage underwater. He pulled through though and we had a great time on our two day two night scuba dive adventure. We met some interstice people most of which I have already forgotten completely. We had several near death experiences (shark attacks, pirates, and sea sickness) but came out better people in the end. I'll never eat another fish with out thinking first about how sweet and innocent they look. Except that one I jabbed with a spear and carried around like a Kings scepter. I really did have a great time on this dive adventure, and I am eager to go on many more. Problem is it tend to cost money. So I will have to continue to just swim around the pool with a snorkel on, and pretend diving rings are fish. Enjoy the pictures.

I need to share some breaking news with you as well. I am going to add master chief to my non existent resume, for I made with my own hands (I just remembered I didn't wash them first) King Ranch Casserole. I got the recipe from my good friend Leigh Hicks, who I've known since before I have had grey hair, or 8, I can't remember what came first. She has had the recipe in her family for well over 3 months. So I am honored that she gave it to me. I don't mean to brag, but it was kind of good. I'm kidding it was great. Minus the chicken being a bit pink and me misreading 12 cups of cream of mushroom instead of 1, it was fabulous. I think two of you know me well, and the others have probably hear in the news that I don't cook. I think the extent of my cooking usually involves reheating pizza. I can however make any kind of cereal, and I think it is safe to say I am very good at that. Come to think of it I am good at making Pop-Tarts as well. But now I can add King Ranch to this list. Who knows, I might be the next Emeril. Have a good day. Until next time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin I go to Dallas for the week and you learn to cook King Ranch Casserole? What is happening with the world? That's one of my favorites and I can't believe YOU know how to cook it. haha I won't believe it til I see it and taste it. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you had grey hair when we met; it was just that there was a managable amount that I could keep plucked, so you thought you didn't have any. I guess for every grey hair I pulled out in elementary and middle school, at least 10 grew back b/c by freshman year, your grey was out of control! :)

This week's cooking lesson...chicken spaghetti.

Joel said...

Haha.

"Interstice" and "Master Chief"

All kidding aside, the King Ranch Chicken dish was pretty good. I still can't believe he made it.

And then Banana Pudding?!